Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ready for 2012

The only time I have wished time away was when we were waiting for our babies to come home from China.  However, we are not waiting for a baby (as much as my heart longs for another little boy) but I find myself wishing time away.  I am ready for 2012, a new year, a new beginning.  I have no idea why the calendar changing to 1-1-12 will make a difference but in my heart I feel that there is great opportunities for our family.

The last year and a half have been hard, really hard emotionally, financially and physically.  Hard on me and hard on my family.  I am ready to live a simple life; we started cutting back, coupon shopping, searching for things that we can do without.  Searching for more ways that we can live on less but have more in a non-material way.  I know this doesn't sound like the American Dream but it is my dream.  I dream of spending my days with my children and I am looking for ways to make this dream a reality.

Today I made a call to cancel a service that is a luxury that we don't need.  As they were offering me great deals to keep me as a paying customer, all the way up to free months of service I was so tempted to accept.  But then my heart and my head caught up with each other and I did the right thing, I said no thank you - we need to cancel our service.  I have a feeling that I will be challenged in this way again as our standard of living keeps changing, in the right direction!!! but I am ready for it.

While I am very excited for Christmas and spending time with friends and family, boy am I looking forward to the new year and all it has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment