Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday

When I stop to think about my life, I mean really think about it, I have so very much to be thankful for.  Jesus has blessed me in so many ways, the biggest way is my family.  I got a little misty eyed thinking about it the other night after enjoying the Fourth of July festivities. 

As I was putting E into the car after the fireworks he told me in his very sleepy voice that he had a great day.  The thing was, it was a very simple day.  Breakfast in the park, lunch at Nana's with extended family, playing hard all day with cousins, riding the four wheeler with Nana and daddy to check on the cows, a childrens carnival in the park and snuggling up with my uncle to watch the fireworks.  As I watched him all settled in with my uncle enjoying the evening firework show it dawned on me that a little more than two years ago he was in China without a family to call his own.  Now he is here with so many people that feel so blessed to be part of his life.  While there are people who do not understand the reason why we have chosen to form our family the way we have all I have to do is remember this day and how much love my children receive from so many for me to know why we do what we do.

Tuesday was my birthday and I was blessed with a wonderful dinner cooked by my husband and kids.  It was so nice to walk in the door to the wonderful smell of lasgna and bread.  To sit down and enjoy a wonderful dinner without going out and dealing with waits in restaurants and try to keep our kids occupied while we wait for food.  I have to say that this is the first year I didn't want to go out to dinner and was so happy and excited when I walked in the door and knew my husband read my heart.  While at work someone asked if we were going out to dinner and my reply was I sure hope not.  In our journey to simplify we have not been eating out much.  I even made E's birthday cupcakes for preschool and his cake for his party.  I have to tell you they enjoyed decorating those cupcakes so much more than they would have enjoyed the little rings that come on top of the store bought cupcakes.  I am finding that living a simpler life is such a blessing, full of so many memories we can make together.

Another thing I am so thankful for is my wonderful sisters.  There is nothing like being able to poor your heart out to your sisters even if you are being a whiny boo hooer.  I love how they listen to me and give me support and an encouraging word.  They help me work through things and they support the things that I am passionate about.  I'm also so thankful for our parents.  They truly helped mold us into the people we are today. 

While life is stressful with so much going on and funds that need raised, I am so glad that I was able to take a moment to think about my life and how full it really is.  Full of all the things He has promised with so much more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment