Sunday, February 6, 2011

Selling The Girl Next Door

While many in the nation are watching the Sup@r Bowl right now my husband was watching this documentary Selling The Girl Next Door on CNN.  At one point he told me he just wanted to stop watching it because it was making his heart hurt.  My response is, it should make your heart hurt, human/sex trafficking is horrible and has to be stopped.  It's time to start putting these documentaries all over the place.

If you have followed my blog you know that I joined a class at our church a year and a half ago, Women and Children in Crisis.  In this class we learned about human injustice in all forms and it set my heart on fire for the orphan.  I have always had a heart for the orphan but I failed to get how there is no one to protect the orphan.  If someone doesn't stand up and protect them, who makes sure that they aren't trafficked.  In my class we all found our purpose, mine for the orphan, others for street children, for human trafficking, child soldiers, genital mutilation, the list of injustices go on.

My heart is broken for the orphan and for human injustice.  Human trafficking is happening everywhere, not just overseas.  I encourage you to watch this documentary and let it break your heart.  If it is breaking our heart what is it doing to Jesus' heart.  We need to stand up for those that can not protect themselves.  Bring justice to the oppressed. 

Stop doing wrong, learn to do right!  Seek justice, encourage the oppressed.  Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.  Isaiah 1:16b-17

1 comment:

  1. Mandie-I wanted to get back with you on your t-shirt question but what a post. I have heard of this before and it breaks my heart! I find it hard to believe that this stuff goes on...maybe that is the problem for so many...It is easier to ignore than to face the truth of it and be moved to action!?

    On a lighter note...the pink fitted fit a tad tighter around the middle but are longer in length that the unisex cut. I still wear a medium (like normal) but it does tend to be a bit more clingy.

    ReplyDelete