Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We have heat!!!!

After sleeping in a chilly house last night (it was 60 degrees inside when I woke up) it is so nice to sit in a nice warm house tonight.  Our furnace has been replaced and so far all is well.  Our poor house was short changed by the builder who happened to be building it for his own family.  Both the furnace and air conditioning unit were undersized for a house with mostly vaulted ceilings. 

Last night made me really stop and think about the families and the children in orphanages living in places such as China that may not have heat or have very unreliable heat.  I thought is was so silly for the children to be dressed in so many layers but now that I have been in a cooler home I know they are doing the best they can with what they have.  In my own opinion I think many people often do a much better job managing life with what they have than folks like me who have too much and complain when the heat is out for a day or two.  I know I am an over privileged person who has had all of my needs and most of my wants met for as long as I can remember.  I am striving to do with less and manage what I have a lot better.  After all none of it is mine, it is all His.

I am in a purging mood these days.  I have been going through our house to get rid of things that we don't use and could definitely do without.  We are planning a yard sale in May and hope to get rid of a lot of things and to raise adoption funds.  Hopefully, our surplus will not only be moved out to make room for another little one but also help us bring her home.

The wonderful person who fixed our furnace did such a wonderful thing for us and gave us his prices on the equipment.  Praise Jesus for giving him such a generous heart.  While the repairs to the furnance may not be over (the compressor may not be adequate and may need changed out very soon) it sure feels good to trust Him to get us through without the tears and the stress.  Thank you Jesus for your faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment