Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Feeling Yuck

We had a great weekend, Saturday was spent laying around the house with the kids playing and watching movies.  Very relaxing.

On Sunday we were off to church.  The two big kids went to their class and S joined mommy and daddy.  She does great in church, sits fairly quiet and plays with whatever she can find.  She has fallen asleep both times during service.  When M was little going to church didn't work out.  She screamed and fussed the entire time and still wasn't happy in the cry room.  She had a lot of seperation anxiety so we couldn't take her to nursery either.  She really didn't do well in church until E came home.  Now she loves her class and going to Awana's.

After church the kids got invited to join their cousin S at the local children's science museum.  The kids and I headed to the museum for a couple hours of play.  M and E love the museum so we decided to get a family pass this year and amazing it only cost $45 for the entire year.  S and M had a great time playing in the grocery store.  E is really into the science and robot stuff.  He hung out with S and Uncle JS doing the guy science stuff.  M also had a great time playing in the Vet Center.  It was a great afternoon and I can't wait for them to spend many more days playing there.  Unfortunately, as is the case a lot these days, I forgot my camera.

I woke up on Monday morning feeling horrible.  I had a little cold when I left for China and it hung on while I was there.  I didn't get my customary upper respiratory infection while in GZ for two weeks so I really say it was a healthy trip in spite of the cold.  When we got home I still had a bit of a cough and it went away but then my sinus congestion came back last week.  Yesterday when I woke up I had horrible pain in my back and taking a deep breath was very painful.  Daddy took the kids to gymnastics and I called work to let them know I wouldn't be in and layed back down.  By the time my family returned I was feeling worse so decided I better get myself to the doctor.  Turns out I have bronchitis and an ear infection.  Taking one more day to get some rest and then back to work for mommy.

Thankfully, my family is well and doing great.

Bible reading is great, so far I am keeping up with it.  I absolutely love You Version, it really keeps me going.


  1. Hope you are feeling better and glad it waited until you were home.

  2. So I am a bit slow..I have been going to your other blog, bringing Sofia home, for a while now waiting to hear how you all are doing!! Sorry to hear that you were sick, but glad to hear you are all settled in!!

    Thanks for your comment. I like your idea. I did a triathlon this past fall as a fundraiser--would have been great to have had a "got love?" shirt!!