Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Lord, move me into powerful ministry that will impact the lives of others for Your kingdom and Your glory.  I humble myself under Your might hand. O God, Knowing that You will lift me up in due time, I reach out for Your hand today so I can walk with You into the future You have for me.

This devotion really spoke to me, it was my devotion for Thursday and I knew the Lord was speaking to me about this next year.  This past year has been filled with many trials and huge blessings.  Being Christian doesn't mean that life is going to be perfect, that everyday will be easy.  If anything it may bring more pain because you SEE the injustice of the world without rose colored glasses.  I SEE the Orphan Crisis.  I have now been to China three times to bring three beautiful treasures home and every time my heart is broken more.

What more can I do?  That is a question that I ask myself every day.  I know that the Lord has put Orphans deeply in my heart and each day this question is the first thing that comes to my mind when I wake and the last thing on my mind when I fall asleep.  It is part of my daily time with Jesus.

As humans we make resolutions to lose weight, get debt free, simplify, earn more money, work towards better health and the list goes on.  While these are are great resolutions and all things that I would like to spend time working towards, they are not my resolution.

My resolution for 2011 is to spend more time with Jesus personally and with my family.  That we will all spend time daily thinking of the Orphans and working towards Orphans No More.  What that will look like for our family I am not sure but I know if we listen we will find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment