Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Journey

I am an avid follower of A Place Called Simplicity and love what Linny does to advocate for the orphans.  They are living the ministry of orphans no more and are encouraging to all that they too can change the lives of orphans.

We were matched with Sophia on June 21st almost immediately after we were DTC.  Our baby "S" has a large hemangioma on her leg, bottom, and possible internal.  Like most international adoption medical reports hers are very vague and we won't know a lot about it other than she is our daughter.  We go into this with a lot of unknowns but we have been blessed with a wonderful Christian doctor that will help us find the answers.  We do know that once we get home she will need an MRI so that we can determine if it affects her spinal cord or any internal organs.  Best case scenario it will go away or reduce as time goes by, worst case we have no idea but I do know that He will equip us to handle it.  Regardless of the unknowns we felt the moment our phone rang and it was our China Coordinator that she knew who our child was and we were about to find out.

This journey began with a lot of unknowns and I know it will end with the Lord blessing us with our baby "S", the child he has ordained to be part of our family.  One thing that has been really hard in this adoption is the unknowns.  The journey started with a special little girl in our hearts and will end with us loving a different child to the end of the earth.  It also began with us wondering where the funds will come from to pay for this adoption.  We were blessed with the funds to get our documents to China when our dossier was ready and I know deep in my heart that the Lord will provide for the rest of it.  We have had our bumps and our trials in this journey emotionally and financially but I pray that they are molding us into the parents and the advocates of orphans that Jesus plans for us to be.  We are still short about $7100 of our in China expenses as well as the airfare to China and back for Sophia and myself. 

Please pray for us that the we will hold strong with the fundraising and not allow the enemy to defeat his plan for our family.  May he give me the inspiration to sew the things that catch others eye and help me find things in our home that we can sell that may help provide those much needed funds.  Please check out our auction blog Bringing Sophia Home, I would appreciate any advise or ideas you have to share.  Fundraising has been a very humbling experience, much harder than I ever anticipated and I expect an experience Jesus wanted me to have.  While the journey may be long and hard, our children will always be worth it and so much more.

2 comments:

  1. I may be following in your adoption fundraising footsteps in the future, so you are an inspiration. I know God will supply all you needs! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandie! I hopped over from the RQ site where I am known as "tandy" and am a few weeks behind you in the wait for our LOAs. I just want you to know that I really appreciate your heart...both your faith in our Father, and your heart for the orphan. I'll be praying that God blows you away with His provision on the way to that precious little girl of yours...and that your LOA comes in SOON!!!

    My blog is private, but if you're interested in reading just let me know and I'll send you an invitation. You can email me through my profile. I can't wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete